Saturday, March 15, 2008

Clean-Up Day!!!




So this morning I got up early (note I am not a morning person) and helped clean up our town with my daughter. We went around our town with a large garbage bag, rubber gloves, and I of course put on the orange vest. I totally embarassed my daughter but I didn't care. I literally stoped traffic. Since we live in a very small town we knew everybody driving by and doing errands in town. They all wanted to know what I got arrested for!!! It was very rewarding. The children even got a free a slice of pizza and soda donated from our 2 local pizza places.

Just want to give a shout out to my friend Jill whose Birthday is today!!!!
Happy Birthday!!!

4 comments:

pve design said...

You'd stop traffic anywhere! You gorgeous woman, friend and totally embarrassing Mom!
Happy Birthday to your friend JILL!

Kwana said...

Happy Birthday to Jill!

I know you were totally doing community service for that bar fight you started last week! Ha! wasn't that you?
Thanks so much for being a wonderful mom and a great neighbor.

Jill said...

You are such a good neighbor and awesome role model for your kids! You ROCK, Eileen and I'm so grateful for your friendship!
Thank you so much for your birthday wishes! Can't wait to see you next weekend.

Ellen Gerstein said...

I love that you did this. Mr IT would have honked wildly for you and the tween, to cheer on your efforts, had he seen you.