Saturday, May 10, 2008

Dance Recital Weekend


Well I thought Willy Wonka was a pain. Wait till you hear this. 12 Sundays of extra rehearsal. 3 girls were out one Sunday during February Break because we all were on vacation as a family and they still had rehearsal. Since we complained the girls got taken out of their number for 32 seconds. The whole dance is 3 minutes. Other girls missed classes but they were not pulled out. So now my whole Mother's Day is revolved around a 2 1/2 hour show and my kid is on stage of 2 and a half minutes!!!! My Saturday night is going to be exciteing. I have to come 1 hour before the show and help out behind stage. At least I saved 20 bucks for the ticket. Of course the whole family has to come tomorrow and we can't ask them to pay for the tickets. The little sequenced sleeveless romper cost $150. It is scratching my girls arm to a pulp. Last night at the dress rehearsal she ripped her stockings from the lovely dress. The dance studio is closed today due to the recital so I had to drive around for 45 minutes to find these darn stocking. Enough rambling and complaining I sure tonight and tomorrow I will be in a better mood when I see my little darling up on stage. What we do for our kids!!!

No comments: