Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sat. New York Times Front Page

Check it out the Cohen's have 15 minutes of fame. I got interviewed for the New York Times and they sent a photographer to our house on Friday night. How cool is that!!! Here is what they had to say....




Forget Caviar: Holiday Parties Feel the Pinch


My friends and I have all been talking about doing a lot more potluck,” said Eileen Cohen, right, with her husband, Jonathan.


Home entertainers are also paring preparations. Eileen Cohen, whose husband is a senior vice president at Lehman Brothers, usually gives elegant dinners featuring baby lamb chops and cut flowers, but on Friday, she planned to serve “turkey chili and appetizers from Costco” for a Halloween party at her home in Ardsley, N.Y.

“My friends and I have all been talking about doing a lot more potluck,” said Mrs. Cohen, whose husband, Jonathan, is still employed, helping the Wall Street firm with its bankruptcy. “We still all want to get together, but one person doesn’t need to absorb the whole cost.”

4 comments:

pve design said...

Congrats! Looks like a great pot-luck!
What a better way to see friends and share life.

Kwana said...

Look at you!! This is fabulous. I see quite a trend here. Please save a copy for me.

Braque68 said...

How fun!! loved the picture! Great article!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, Eileen- can I have your autograph? LOL
Potlucks are a great idea! I've been to several with my raw meetup groups.
Sorry I didn't get back to you when you called. Things have just been so hectic and crazy and every time I think of calling, it's either too early or too late.
I'll try to call later on this evening or tomorrow to catch up.
Hope things are going well.
Love you!
xoxo