Friday, June 6, 2008

A List Bravo Awards/Wish List Wednesday on Friday






It's been a crazy week this week. First my daughter's Middle School was evacuated on Tues morning and I was with 3 girls (5th graders) just hanging, shopping and going to Dunkin Donuts to keep their mind of the scariness of the day. Our community is still dealing with the repercussions of that day.



On Wednesday I am at the Doctors office when Kwana calls me in a frenzy asking me to join her for the Bravo A List Awards. The person who was suppose to go got stuck in court. I had 2 kids with me and the hubby has been working till 9 every night. I was suppose to watch a movie with the daughter that night and my son was suppose to go to baseball practice which he loves. So the negotiations began. I had to pay them both big time to not be mad at me for ruining their night, then I had to let them rent a movie on cable that I really wasn't crazy about them seeing. My daughter is 11 1/2 and the son is almost 8. I leave them alone for no more that 2 hours this would have been 3. I called the neighbor and she said she would call and check on them. I got home at 5:30 and I now had to get dinner for the kids, leave dinner for the hubby and get dressed for a cool awards show in the city. I had 25 minutes to do it all. It was yucky weather in NY and I showered that day but didn't wash my hair I just threw on a hat. Now I had 15 minutes to get ready and look snazzy. My hair looked like a greaseball so I remembered that if you put powder in your hair it takes out some of the greasiness. I grabbed the first powder I saw and started to put it in my hair. I finally looked at the front and realized I just put foot powder in my hair. I have to say it did the trick. You should all try it some time. Kwana was at my house at 5:55. It was a great night check out Kwana's blog for the details.

This is us waiting on line to go into the awards show.

Thursday night was the Middle School band concert. My daughter plays clarinet. They did a great job. We didn't get home till 9:30. My computer was down all day with a Fios problem.

So now we are up and running and finally catching up.

Wish List Wednesday : Better late than never
1. The hubby's job slows down
2. If 1 can't happen then I wish the hubby gets a new job
3. That I will survive the Yankee game this Sunday with 94 degree weather.
4. A wonderful weekend for all.

2 comments:

Kwana said...

Crazy week! I'm so glad you got to come with me foot powder and all!

May all your wishes come true.

pve design said...

love this post, the true you is there, lol about the foot powder hair potion! hope your wishes come true-
I survived the yankee game saturday with my children, that game made history - johnny damon was on fire!
hope you had fun!
so glad you had a fun filled week!