Friday, May 24, 2013

Turning 50 and I don't know what I want to be when I grow up!!!


I haven't blogged in ages but I think now is the perfect time to get back to it. My kids are getting older and I do have more time on my hands. I have been looking for part-time work but how do you find a job when you have no idea what you want to do?

I have dabbled over the last couple of years with at home jobs but at the end of the day they ended up having to be available nights and weekends. I don't mind doing it occasionally,  but I have the mornings and afternoon free when kids are not around. I don't want to work when I could be at my kid's baseball, basketball games....

Currently as a stay at home mom my day is mostly being a taxi driver and event planner because my son is having his bar mitzvah in October. So where do we go from here???

I used to be in sales and sold high end fun stuff like luxury cruises and watches. I guess I can sell anything but I never really loved my jobs. I had great perks, like traveling the world and getting a Cartier watch for a really good price.

How do you get back into the work force when you were never thrilled with your career and you didn't love school so continuing education is not an option?

Everyone says to me "what are you passionate about?"  Can being a TV fanatic a be considered a passion?  What do I do with that?

 I have a little invention I would love to research but checking to see if there is a patent already on it is very challenging. I thought you can google anything. I think the only things that pull up now are companies selling stuff. I never seem to get the answer I am looking for anymore.

I guess I am always looking for suggestions!!! Looking forward to your comments!!!



2 comments:

Kwana said...

Growing up stinks. I always say, “I’m not old enough for this.” But in reality I guess I am and I guess our parents were too and just winging it like we do but looking more mature because we were younger. I wish you luck in finding that passion. You really would be great at so many things and I do think event planning on a budget would be one of them. You always know “a person” or “a place” or “the right thing”. Just something to consider. Of course, no job is perfect and they all have their time challenges. Good luck. And yeah I’m sure being a TV fanatic is a job. A good paying one maybe not, but it is a job.

BTW maybe see a lawyer to check on that patent for you?

pve design said...

Wish List Mom,
Turning 50? We need to celebrate!
I have always told my children to choose a career that you love. I feel so blessed to have my talents and to create artwork for many. I juggle but being here for my family is a reward and your family knows they come first.
You have many talents too - learn to share them, to say yes to what ever comes your way and you will find the right niche. List all the things you love....
pve