Monday, September 15, 2008

No More Lehman Brothers/Facebook

So the hubby works for Lehman Brothers and he was one of the 20 people trying to save the company this weekend. He is on the finance end of the Real Estate division. It was crazy. He never came home on Thursday night and worked all day Friday. At least he was able to work from home this weekend. It still didn't help. He went into work this morning with his suit and tie and he still has a desk to sit at. Who knows what will be. All I know is that the last 6 months sucked and I know something better will come of this. You know me always optimistic.

A couple of good things came out of this weekend.... My sister's son had his Bar Mitzvah and it was wonderful seeing family and old friends. Also, one of my business partners went to a training seminar and she came back with 3 things to say to me..... 1) Thank you 2)I love you & 3) We are going to get rich!!! She finally gets our business and that was so great to hear!!!

I also finally made a profile on facebook and all my old friends are contacting me. It is addicting. Check it out....http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php

I am not even sure if it is going to work but give it a go.

6 comments:

MIMILEE said...

So many lives are being effected by this awful decline in the economy. I have family and friends who have lost everything.....and are having to start from scratch! It is really scary! Sorry about your husband's plight, but glad to hear you have an optimistic outlook. Hope your new business takes off and you do well with it. Everything usually works out for the best!

Best Regards,
MIMILEE<><

Eileen said...

mimilee,
Thank you for your well wishes.

pve design said...

You are one of the most optimistic people that I know.
Tough times bring family and true friends closer.
May the support and warmth of knowing that you are not alone provide comfort for a new day. I wish you love, luck and strength, smiles to get through this time. I am here for support!

Kwana said...

You know my heart is with you and your family. I hate these tough times, but I know you and your bright spirit will get your family through. Much love.

Eileen said...

Thank you guys so much. You help me be an optimistic person.
Love ya!!!!

Braque68 said...

Your positive and optimistic outlook is wonderful!